The IRS Tax Form 2290 to report the heavy highway vehicle use taxes can be prepared online using Tax2290.com an IRS Authorized E-file service provider (since 2007), the first ever website authorized by IRS for tax 2290 e-filing. Top rated, less expensive, market leader and truckers first choice for 2290 electronic filing.
August 31 – Deadline for IRS Tax Form 2290 – Choose E-File
Truckers, owner operators and heavy haulers need to report vehicle use tax Form 2290 on vehicles put to use on public highways. IRS Form 2290 is used to report and pay Heavy Vehicle Use Tax, or HVUT. You must file Form 2290 with Schedule 1 annually if a taxable highway motor vehicle, in this case any heavy vehicle weighing 55,000 lbs or more, is registered in your name in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico.
Electronic filing for Form 2290
Now you can electronically file, or e-file, your heavy vehicle use tax Form 2290 for vehicles over 55,000 pounds. If you have more than 25 vehicles at this weight, e-filing is required by the IRS. If your vehicle is operated well within the mileage use limit of 5,000 miles (7,500 miles for agriculture vehicles), you can electronically prepare and report tax suspension on these vehicles. Tax 2290 amendments on increase in taxable gross weight, low mileage vehicle exceeds mileage use limit can also be filed electronically. When you have claims on sold/traded or transferred vehicles, destroyed or stolen vehicles you can claim a refund online using IRS Tax Form 8849, Schedule-6 returns.
Benefits of Form 2290 Electronic Filing.
The foremost is receiving back your IRS stamped Schedule-1 proof instantly, IRS could receive your returns and process it faster than any other way of filing. Choosing online filing or electronic filing eliminated all possible human errors that could happen in a tax return. Let see some of the larger benefits of e-filing with Tax2290.com
- Faster Processing – e-filed returns are processed much faster than paper filed returns.
- Proof of Receipt – confirmation that your return was received and accepted, IRS stamped Schedule-1 proof is sent to your mail inbox immediately.
- Instant Text Alert – Text Alert on return status once there is an update from IRS
- FAX copies – receive copies of your Schedule-1 to your FAX instantly and a copy to your email inbox.
- Convenience – available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. File your 2290 tax returns any time. File amendments and correction on the same day, in less than an hour.
- Ease of use – user friendly, with step-by-step instructions and clear screens indicators to walk you through the filing process. E-file is a cake-walk
- Greater Accuracy in Processing – zero down math errors because Tax2290.com software catches many mistakes and will not sent an incomplete return to IRS.
- Pay Right – while you e-file you pay the tax that you owe not extra or less.
- Electronic Payment – convenience of direct withdrawal of tax due and EFTPS option to make payments.
- Less Hassle, No Mails – no mailing of paper returns and waiting for mails for weeks, everything is managed electronically and digitally.
- Security – safer than mailing your tax return and sent right to the IRS server no more data loss.
- Avoid paying extra – when you e-file you can make sure your return reaches them well in the time frame no late penalties or late filing charges.
- Import tax return – you could import the tax returns from your previous years and no need to look around for details in your files.
- Bulk Upload – when you file for larger fleets you can bulk upload the VIN# from your excel spread sheet and no need of keying in one after the other.
- No more typos – while you e-file you won’t get typos such us 1 for I or 0 for o etc.
Electronic filing is by and large the best way of reporting 2290 heavy vehicle use tax returns with the IRS and through Tax2290.com you get the best available resources. The most trusted and rated website since 2007.