It’s time for your 2290 tax form renewal, the heavy highway vehicle use tax is required to be paid annually to the IRS for every truck that drives on public highways and weighs over 55,000 lbs. Once you file your IRS Tax Form 2290, a Stamped Schedule 1 will be provided to you as your receipt for this heavy highway vehicle use tax. A printed copy is required to register your vehicles each year with the state authorities. A copy of the IRS stamped Schedule 1 for the current year available on your account so you can always have access to it.
Heavy Vehicle Use Tax Form 2290 – Due Now – August 31 is the Last Date
The 2290 Form is due annually between July 1 and August 31 for this current tax year starting from July 1, 2017 through June, 30 2018. Both the tax return and the heavy highway vehicle use tax must be paid by the deadline in order to avoid penalties and interest. This tax must also be paid anytime a new vehicle is added to your fleet for the remainder of that year. In this case the tax is due by the end of the month following the date the vehicle is first used on the public highways.
2290 Online Filing
Truckers, owner operators and heavy haulers need to report vehicle use tax Form 2290 on vehicles put to use on public highways. IRS Form 2290 is used to report and pay Heavy Vehicle Use Tax, or HVUT. You must file Form 2290 with Schedule 1 annually if a taxable highway motor vehicle, in this case any heavy vehicle weighing 55,000 lbs or more, is registered in your name in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico.
Now you can electronically file, or e-file, your heavy vehicle use tax Form 2290 for vehicles over 55,000 pounds. If you have more than 25 vehicles at this weight, e-filing is required by the IRS. If your vehicle is operated well within the mileage use limit of 5,000 miles (7,500 miles for agriculture vehicles), you can electronically prepare and report tax suspension on these vehicles. Tax 2290 amendments on increase in taxable gross weight, low mileage vehicle exceeds mileage use limit can also be filed electronically. When you have claims on sold/traded or transferred vehicles, destroyed or stolen vehicles you can claim a refund online using IRS Tax Form 8849, Schedule-6 returns.
Getting Start with 2290 E-file for 2017 – 2018
To complete Form 2290, have the following information ready before you start preparing the tax return;
- Your employer identification number (EIN). You must have an EIN or FEIN to file Form 2290 online. You can’t use your social security number. Enter the correct EIN that was assigned to your Business at the time of registration by the IRS. If you don’t have an EIN, apply for one online at IRS.gov website.
- The vehicle identification number (VIN) of each vehicle. The VIN of your vehicle can be obtained from the registration, title, or actual vehicle. Generally, the VIN is 17 characters made up of numbers and letters. Be sure to use the VIN for the vehicle and not from the trailer.
- The taxable gross weight of each vehicle to determine its category between A – V and W category for Suspended vehicles.
When you have the details, start with your 2290 online at Tax2290.com, complete it in less than 10 to 20 minutes. Pay the nominal e-file service fee and transmit it to the IRS for processing. Your IRS stamped schedule-1 proof will be shared with you instantly once IRS accepts your return, the same will also be emailed to your inbox (to your registered email address that you have entered).
Why to e-File 2290 with TaxExcise.com?
As like every year August 31 is the due date and there won’t be any extension further, this year August 31 is the deadline. This generally applies to Form 2290 and the accompanying tax payment for the tax year that begins on July 1, and ends on June 30. Returns must be filed and tax payments made by August 31 for vehicles used on the road during July. For vehicles first used after July, the deadline is the last day of the month following the month of first use.
Though some taxpayers have the option of filing Form 2290 on paper, the IRS encourages all taxpayers to take advantage of the speed and convenience of filing this form electronically and paying any tax due electronically. Taxpayers reporting 25 or more vehicles must e-file. Here are the benefit that you could enjoy by choosing e-file;
- The IRS Stamped Schedule-1 proof will be made available in just minutes once Irs accepts
- No math required, as the website will take care of all tax calculation automatically
- 100% Accurate, 100% Simple and 100% Easy, hassle free filing experience
- Get Instant TEXT Alert in your cell phone once IRS completes processing your tax return
- Receive IRS Stamped Schedule-1 by FAX
- Automatic process, register in the website, keep entering the data one by one. Your 2290 is ready.
- E-filed returns are processed faster than the manually or paper filed returns
- No more standing in Line at any local IRS office to file or blocking appointments to pay 2290s
- Comfortable filing from your office or home computer, smart phones and tablet devices
- Download our FREE iOS App and Android App to try e-filing On-The-Go
- Download our FREE Android Tax Calculator App to estimate how much you owe as tax before you prepare filing
- You get a Free 2290 Help and Support till you complete your tax return online and collect your stamped Schedule-1 proof instantly
- Any time you can download the copies from our website, call us we would fax it to you.
- Record Keeping is FREE. We manage your tax return, Schedule-1 copies for minimum of 3 years and for longer period.
- E-file is available 24/7 a day, 7 days a week & 365 days in a year.
- E-file is also possible for the previous year’s tax returns
Electronic filing is by and large the best way of reporting 2290 heavy vehicle use tax returns with the IRS and through TaxExcise.com you get the best available resources. The most trusted and rated website since 2007.
Call us at 1-866-245-3918 or mail us at support@TaxExcise.com for any suggestion and queries. Rest assured, our Tax Experts would never let you go wrong!