According to the latest release from IRS. highlighted What’s new? section in Form 2290 reporting and the best ways to pay the tax 2290 dues online. Check out here…
Anyone who has registered or is required to register a heavy highway motor vehicle must file Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return. This applies to vehicles with a gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more. The deadline for filing Form 2290 is Aug. 31.
People who have filed Form 2290 before will notice a couple new things in 2018:
- Filers may now use a credit card or debit card to pay the Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax.
- The Form 2290 has been revised. Filers will now enter the month of first use on the Schedule 1 exactly as it was entered on the Form 2290 in Part I, line 1. [No need to worry about this when you choose electronic filing at http://TaxExcise.com, we take care of this automatically. ]
Here are the steps filers should follow once they are ready to file their Form 2290:
- Gather information• Employer identification number. Filers cannot use their Social Security number. Anyone who doesn’t already have an EIN can apply online. It takes the IRS about two weeks to establish a new EIN. Taxpayers should use the same name on their Form 2290 as was assigned to them with their EIN. The name control on Form 2290 must match the EIN.
• Vehicle Identification Number of each vehicle.
• Taxable gross weight of each vehicle.
- File• E-file. The IRS encourages all taxpayers to file electronically for faster processing. Taxpayers are required to file electronically if they are reporting 25 or more vehicles on Form 2290. When using e-file, taxpayers can receive a watermarked Schedule 1 within minutes.
• Complete and mail Form 2290. Filers can go to the Form 2290 Instructions for the correct mailing address. Taxpayers can expect to receive their stamped Schedule 1 within six weeks after the IRS receives their Form 2290.
- Pay• Pay taxes by credit or debit card. Filers can pay by internet, phone, or mobile device.
• Electronic funds withdrawal. Filers can authorize a direct debit as part of the e-file process.
• Electronic Federal Tax Payment System. This requires advanced enrollment.
Share this tip on social media — #IRSTaxTip: Taxpayers filing Form 2290: What’s new this year; file in three simple steps https://go.usa.gov/xUJYS
We’ve a simple, easy and quick website to electronically prepare and report this IRS Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax returns. E-File is the fastest way to get it done, IRS stamped (watermarked) schedule-1 proof in minutes. However if you paper file/ manually do this, it may take upto 6 weeks to receive IRS Schedule-1 proof. Why wait when you have e-file at TaxExcise.com, the 1st ever IRS approved website for 2290 efile…