This stands as the final step of filing annual HVUT: paying the IRS. You are lucky, we’ve not only streamlined the process of completing form 2290, but we’ve also made the payment process convenient.
While, the IRS no longer accepts credit card payments, you can still conveniently pay your dues through Direct Debit, EFTPS or by Check/ Money order.
Direct Debit/ EFW (Electronic Funds Withdrawal)
- One of the fastest methods to pay
- This option is applicable only if you efile
- The IRS initiates a debit from your bank account through the details provided
- You must provide the bank account and routing number (located at the bottom of the check)
- If you wish to cancel your payment, contact the U.S. Treasury Financial Agent, but no later than 2 business days before the payment date
- The IRS doesn’t accept your return on a weekday or public holiday. You must complete filing the return by the next business day.
EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System)
- This is a free service provided by the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury; it’s available by phone or online 24/7.
- It is mandatory to register with the system 5-7 business days before you make your first payment. Visit http://www.eftps.gov or call 1-800-555-4477 for assistance
- To enroll, you will need your E.I.N., bank account and routing number, and address and name as they appear on IRS documents.
- With this option, you can E-file your Form 2290 365 days a year, day or night.
- You have the option to schedule the business payment up to 120 days in advance.
- Your payment must be scheduled at least 1 business day before your taxes are due!
Check or Money Order
- If you need your Stamped Schedule I on the weekend, this is the only way to pay!
- When paying by check or money order, a completed payment voucher called, the 2290-V must accompany the payment.
- Detach the voucher and send it with the payment, but do not staple the voucher to your payment.
- You are not allowed to send cash.
- Make your check or money order payable to the United States Treasury. Include your name, address, EIN, “IRS Form 2290,” and the date (as entered in Box 3) on your payment.
- Mail your payment with the 2290- V to the following address:
Internal Revenue Service,
P.O. Box 804525
Cincinnati, OH 45280-4525
Among the three secure methods to pay, you’re free to choose the method suits your needs. And you can relax knowing that whatever option you choose, we’ve gone above and beyond to make it fast and easy.
If you’ve got any questions about the payment methods or anything beyond efiling, our Support Tax Experts is just one call away. They are happy to help even at wee hours. Call us @ 1-866-245-3918, email or live chat with them at email@example.com.